Thanks in part to my trip up to BC last weekend, I was finally able to finish this piece. I frequently have two to three projects on the go, but my energy has been mostly focused on house related projects in the last few weeks while I’ve been waiting for the job situation to sort itself out.
This project is somewhat unusual for me, as it is a printed pattern – not one of my favourite styles to use. But to be honest, I didn’t buy this because I liked the pattern – I bought it to practice my skills on different types of embroidery stitching. And to that end, I’m mostly pleased with my work.
If anyone does like it, please let me know, this is free to a good home!
Check out the gallery below, as I worked my way through the piece. You might notice a gap around the time I was working on the flower detail – I’m not sure if those photos were on the original Samsung Focus which went for a bath in the Atlantic Ocean (and then kamikazi’d during PAX Prime) or if I just blanked out on taking them when I was doing the work. As it was, I had to dig through the original Focus’ folder, the Focus 2 folder, the iPad’s photo’s and two cameras to find everything. I didn’t manage the photos at all during the process apparently, so it’s no wonder things are missing/there are gaps. Oh well!